Do you have constant back pain? Does the pain feel like a shock going down the back of your leg?
These are some of the few yet prevalent symptoms of sciatica. Sciatica is caused by irritation, inflammation, pinching, or nerve compression in the lower back.
If you have any of these symptoms, you may have sciatica:
- Lower back pain
- A pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or a hard time moving the leg
- Constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it hard to stand up
- Pain that is limited to the rear and/or legs on one side of the body
- Tingling, pins, and needles, or an electric shock down one leg
- Sharp prickling, burning or tingling pain down one side of the lower back, rear, or leg
- Pain that is worse when sitting or standing but better when lying down
- Weakness in the affected leg that when standing your leg gives out
At Tamara Gurevich MD â€” Pain Management Specialist, Physical Medicine, and Rehabilitation clinics, you will find yourself with the leading state-of-the-art pain care technology to ensure that you get the most effective relief possible. Book your appointment today at any of the three locations in the Northwest Chicagoland area.